Wednesday 28 March 2012

Back By Popular Demand....

I havn't blogged in a long time... so long in fact, that I just assumed that no one would care if I just stopped blogging all together. I mean, no one wants to read it anymore.... It's just been too long.

Then a funny thing happened. I was at Bossy's yesterday, and my friend Taylor came in for lunch. She and her cousin Brittany were sitting at a table reviewing the menu, so I went over and sat down to chat. We were catching up on how things are going in eachother's lives and what not, so when the conversation was over, I said I had to go, I was just going to head to the gym. Taylor looked at me and said, "You look really good Boss. How is all that going?" I told her things were going great. I was on track, thanked her for her compliment and was getting set to leave when she said "Why haven't you been blogging? I miss reading your blogs and I liked keeping up with your progress." She told me that she had been talking over the weekend with another one of my friends who used to read the blog prety faithfully and that both were disappointed that I stopped writing. "I should get a good blog going..." was my response. She looked at me, sort of puzzled and said, "You already have a good blog going. Just keep writing."

So Taylor, thanks for the inspiration yesterday. It's nice to know that people are still talking about my blog and that there's still an interest in reading. For anyone who cares, I weighed in at 172.4 lbs on January 14, 2012. This morning I weighed myself and sit at 161.9 lbs. 10.5 lbs in 10.5 weeks. I'm definitely not winning The Biggest Loser, but I'm not losing any muscle, only fat (I hope it's all fat....)



With only 4.5 more weeks to go until Jamaica, I'm turning it up a little and hoping that small things will mean the big difference. The Fitness Guru (who just happens to be my roomie, Angela DeFrancesco) says drinking more water will help me big time, since my water intake is not as high as it should be. You will now see me toting around a 1.5L water bottle in an effort to be better hydrated. Portion sizes are the next thing to tackle. My diet has been pretty clean so far aside from the occasional (well deserved) cheat, so just trimming down the portion size and getting in meals more often is goal number 2. Next is trimming away my beloved nuts and dried fruit. I put walnuts and dried cranberries in my salad. It makes me happy. Today, I say so long.... it's not goodbye, just ciao for now... *tear* Salads just won't be the same without you...

1.9 lbs until I reach my first goal. It's kinda scary for me... I don't know why, but I get nervous when I get really close to it. I usually allow myself to cheat and move away from it, but this time, I'm busting down doors!



I'm hoping to meet that goal this week, but the number isn't what is important, it's that people are noticing a change. It's sometimes hard for me to see it myself, but I have to say, it's nice to go into stores and try things on and everything fits! Even if it's ugly, it sill fits and that's an amazing feeling and something that I haven't had in a long time.

At the end of this, I feel like getting back at it and blogging like I used to is just the same as getting back to the gym, or back to healthy diet...I can do those things, so I will keep you posted on my journey. I hope everyone reading this who has told me it's been inspirational to them is also doing well. If not, get your ASS off the computer, and haul it to the gym... You'll love your results when you push your limits!

No comments:

Post a Comment